L-1 Visa
• The L-1 intra-company transferee classification is appropriate for the transfer of employee in executive/managerial position or in a specialized knowledge position within affiliated multinational companies.
• Executive/managerial transferees are given the L1A designation. Specialized knowledge transferees are given the L1B designation.
• Large employers may be eligible to file blanket L-1 petitions with the USCIS, rather than filing individual petitions for each employee.
• To be eligible to file L-1 petition/s, a qualifying relationship must exist between the U.S. Company and the foreign company. Qualifying relationships include parent company, branch, subsidiary or affiliate.
• The transferred employee must have been employed by the foreign affiliate for at least one continuous year within the three years prior to coming to the United States.
We Can Help You
• We can guide and represent employers in the preparation of individual and blanket L-1 petitions and
• We can provide consultation to companies considering or initiating the establishment of new offices in the United States with regard to L-1 related planning for staffing a new office.
• We can provide representation and assistance in connection with L-1 visa applications at U.S. consulates.
• We can provide consultation to both employers and employees to discuss their options and responsibilities within the L-1 category.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *